Effective, March 19, 2019
Treatment Perspectives, Practice Perspectives, Scientific Perspectives, and mChat are service marks of ConneXion360, LLC.
THE SERVICES ARE INTENDED FOR USE ONLY BY ADULTS WHO ARE LICENSED HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, SUCH AS PHYSICIANS, PHYSICIAN ASSISTANTS, OR NURSE PRACTITIONERS. Nothing on the Services should be construed as giving advice or making a recommendation or referral regarding any decision or action related to your health, the health of others, or your medical judgment. You should not allow the content of the Services to substitute for your own medical judgment, which you should exercise in evaluating the information on the Services, nor for the advice of any liaison, specialist, or consulting healthcare professional with whom you work. Any clinical tools or databases provided for use by healthcare professionals through the Services do not and are not intended to make referrals, give professional advice, or recommend particular products or services. Physicians and other healthcare professionals who use such tools or databases should exercise their own clinical judgment as to the information they provide or on which they rely. While we have used reasonable efforts to ensure that the information on the Services is accurate, complete, and current, we expressly disclaim any warranty or representation regarding the accuracy, completeness, or currency of such information. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT A WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. We furthermore disclaim all liability for any and all damages, no matter their alleged cause or theory of liability on which they are based, including, but not limited to, damages for personal injury or lost profits. The foregoing disclaimers and limitations apply if and only to the extent permitted by applicable law.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR UNFORESEEABLE, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO (I) THE SERVICES OR ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SERVICES; (II) YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, ANY SERVICE OR ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SERVICES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, CLAIMS FOR LOSS OF DATA, GOODWILL, PROFITS, USE OF MONEY, OR SHARE VALUE; INTERRUPTION IN USE OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SERVICES; STOPPAGE OF OTHER WORK OR IMPAIRMENT OF OTHER ASSETS); OR (III) BREACH OR FAILURE OF EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY, BREACH OF CONTRACT, MISREPRESENTATION, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY IN TORT OR OTHERWISE. IN NO EVENT WILL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY THAT WE MAY INCUR IN ANY ACTION OR PROCEEDING EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT THAT WE ACTUALLY RECEIVED FROM YOU FOR THE RIGHT TO ACCESS THE PORTION OF THE SERVICES OR THE INFORMATION THAT DIRECTLY CAUSED THE DAMAGE.
As a condition to using the Services, you may be required to register using your email address or other user ID and password chosen by you (collectively, your “Participant ID”). You shall provide us with accurate, complete, and updated registration information. We reserve the right to refuse registration of or cancel a Participant ID at our sole discretion. You are solely responsible for all activity that occurs under your Participant ID and shall be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You shall never use another user’s account or allow any third party to use yours. You will immediately notify us in writing of any unauthorized use of your account, or other account-related security breach of which you are aware. You grant us and all other persons or entities involved in the operation of the Services the right to transmit, monitor, retrieve, store, and use your Participant ID and related registration information in connection with the operation of the Services.
The Services may provide you with the ability to upload, submit, disclose, distribute, or otherwise post (hereafter, “posting”) content, videos, audio clips, written forum comments, data, text, photographs, software, scripts, graphics, works of authorship, or other information to the Services (the “Participant Submissions”). Such Participant Submissions may include, without limitation, any submissions as part of any “Ask the Expert” or “Ask a Question” features, if applicable. Such Participant Submissions are non-confidential and are the property of the originating Participant. By posting Participant Submissions through the Services:
- You represent and warrant to us that you own or otherwise control all rights to post such Participant Submissions and that disclosure and Use of such Participant Submissions by us (including without limitation, publishing content on or through the Services) will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including, without limitation, any privacy, intellectual property, publicity, contract, or other rights of any person or entity.
- You acknowledge and agree that we shall have the right to reformat, excerpt, or translate any materials, content, or information submitted by you; that all information publicly posted or privately transmitted through the Services is the sole responsibility of the person from which such content originated; and that we cannot guarantee the identity of or the authenticity of any data posted by any other users with whom you may interact in the course of using the Services.
- Your Participant Submissions will not contain any personally identifiable information with respect to any patient or other third party. In particular, you must remove any information that would associate your submission with a specific patient or individual. You will not disclose to us a key to re-identify any patient data, in accordance with the requirements under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) or equivalent international codes.
- You acknowledge and agree that we do not endorse any Participant Submissions. We have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor the Services or Participant Submissions. We may remove any Participant Submission at any time for any reason (including, but not limited to, upon receipt of claims or allegations from third parties or authorities relating to such Participant Submission), or for no reason at all. We will consider requests to remove Participant Submissions on a case-by-case basis.
- You acknowledge and agree that under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any Participant Submissions, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Participant Submissions, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred in connection with use of or exposure to any Participant Submissions posted, emailed, accessed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Services.
- violates local, state, national, or international laws or regulations;
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other right of any other person or entity;
- is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, tortious, obscene, offensive, or profane;
- constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk, or bulk e-mail (“spamming”);
- contains software viruses or any other computer codes, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, limit, or interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any system, data, password, or other information belonging to us or any third party;
- fails to respect another user’s privacy or that of any third party; or
- impersonates any person or entity, including any employee or representative of ours.
Additionally, you shall not:
- take any action that imposes or may impose (as determined by us in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on us (or our third-party providers’) infrastructure;
- interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Services or any activities conducted on the Services;
- bypass any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Services (or other accounts, computer systems, or networks connected to the Services);
- run Maillist, Listserv, any form of auto-responder, or “spam” on the Services;
- use manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to “crawl” or “spider” any page of the Services.
You shall not (directly or indirectly):
- decipher, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, or otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any part of the Services, except to the limited extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction;
- modify, translate, or otherwise create derivative works of any part of the Services;
- copy, rent, lease, distribute, or otherwise transfer any or all of the rights that you receive hereunder.
THIRD-PARTY LINKS AND INFORMATION
The Services may contain information brought to you by third parties or through links to other websites. We do not control nor assume any responsibility for the information provided by third parties or the content of other websites to which we provide links.
USE OF CONTENT
CHOICE OF LAW; DISPUTE RESOLUTION – BINDING ARBITRATION
PROHIBITION OF CLASS AND REPRESENTATIVE ACTIONS AND NON-INDIVIDUALIZED RELIEF
YOU AND THE COMPANY AGREE THAT EACH OF US MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING.
Attn: Customer Service
14901 Quorum Drive, Suite 650
Dallas, TX 75254